Location: Davis, California, UNITED STATES
Keywords: Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Economics; Microeconomics; Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
The Electric Vehicle Research Center at the Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis is seeking a postdoctoral scholar with a PhD in Economics, Travel Behavior, or related discipline. The researcher will pursue policy-focused research on consumer vehicle purchase behaviors, vehicle use patterns, and vehicle charging/refueling issues. The researcher should demonstrate strong quantitative research skills working with discrete choice models and other advanced econometric methods as well as experience with big datasets.
The position’s responsibilities include: (1) designing, overseeing, and conducting research using quantitative methods, (2) identifying funding opportunities; leading and contributing to proposals to apply to those opportunities. (3) supervising, and mentoring students and other team members working on research projects, (4) writing articles for refereed academic journals, technical reports, and/or for conferences, (5) presenting research to a variety of audiences (academia, industry professionals, policy practitioners, etc.).
- Applicants must have a graduate degree in economics, urban planning, transportation planning/engineering, public policy or a related field. At least one of these degrees must be a Ph.D. and one a transportation-related field.
- A record of publications in peer-reviewed journals, and some postdoctoral and mentorship experience is required.
- The applicant must possess expertise and experience designing and conducting research; experience developing statistical models to analyze data collected by surveys or other methods.
- The applicant should be competent in the use of at least one of the following statistical software packages: SPSS, STATA, R, or JMP.
- The postdoctoral researcher should have a record of publications in peer-reviewed academic journals and other publication venues.
- The postdoctoral researcher must have excellent verbal and written English language communication skills.
- The postdoctoral researcher must be able to work collaboratively with a research team ranging from undergraduate research assistants to research faculty.
Letters of Reference (2); Job Market Paper; Cover Letter; CV Please submit your application (CV and cover letter) to Zohar Tal (email@example.com )
Salary Range: $70,000